Celebrating its 101st year, the Oak Park Art League (OPAL) proudly announces a regional call for art work with Art 101: A Regional Juried Exhibition. OPAL is looking for work that best demonstrates the artist's use of materials and mastery of skill in their chosen medium.
Artists are invited to submit up to 3 images that best represent their current artistic practice.
Submissions are open to artists over 18 years of age, living in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri.
All mediums will be considered. (drawing, painting, mixed media, digital/new media, printmaking, photography, ceramics, fiber, glass, sculpture).
Size is limited to 48” in its largest dimension. All work should have been created in the past 3 years.
Juror: Sarah Cox, Manager of Collections and Exhibitions, Elmhurst Art Museum
Dates to Remember:
Call opens: March 18th, 2022
Submission deadline: Friday, July 29th, midnight
Email Notifications of Acceptance: Monday, August 8th, 2022
Delivery of work: August 22nd-27th, 2022
Exhibition dates: September 1st-30th, 2022
Opening Reception: September, 9th 7-9pm
Cost per submission: $40 for up to 3 pieces.
Submission via Submittable only.
- Accepted work should be shipped or dropped off to our Carriage House Gallery at 720 Chicago Ave. Oak Park, IL 60302 and arrive between August 22nd and 27th.
- OPAL reserves the right to reject work that is significantly different from the original submission.
- All accepted work must remain on display through the duration of the exhibition.
- Submission fee is $40 for up to three images of work. One additional image will be accepted for each 3-dimensional piece at no additional cost.
- All work must be ready to hang. Work that arrives with saw tooth hangers will not be installed. Works with frame hanging wire and D-rings preferred.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Submission fees are non-refundable.
- All shipped work received, MUST include a prepaid shipping label for return of the work. OPAL will not ship work without this prepaid label.
- Follow THIS link for a complete list of Oak Park Art League Exhibition Guidelines:
Originally from Geneva, Illinois, Sarah Cox is the Manager of Collections and Exhibition at the Elmhurst Art Museum, in Elmhurst, Illinois. She works closely with artists, curators, and creative groups to create innovative exhibitions. She also manages the Mies van der Rohe design home, the McCormick House, located on the museum’s campus. Previously, Sarah was the Manager of Collections and Exhibitions at the Zanesville Museum of Art, in Zanesville, Ohio. She earned her BA in Studio Art and Art History from Illinois College and her MA in Art History and Theory from Northern Illinois University. Sarah has also interned at the Museum of Contemporary Art-Chicago, Art Institute of Chicago, National Hellenic Museum, and the Geneva History Museum.